Options Dorset are looking to recruit a Support Worker due to internal promotion to join our team in the Bournemouth/Christchurch area. We support adults with learning disabilities in their own home and as a business, we provide services to a range adults and children with a diagnosis of Autism and Learning Disabilities and employ c2000 staff across the UK. We are also within commuting distance of Boscombe, Westbourne, and surrounding towns.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person centred approach to education and care, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
Job Summary and Duties
Within this role you will support adults with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour. This role involves a variety of duties including assisting with day to day living. Additionally accessing the community, the role of Support Worker will involve a variety of activities including regular swimming sessions. The position would therefore suit a proactive and confident individual who is happy to use their own vehicle for transport (mileage paid).
This position is offered on a permanent, full time basis, working 40 hours per week over a variety of early and late shifts including weekends and occasional sleep-in duties.
This role would either suit an experienced Support Worker or someone looking to start their career within the Health and Social Care Sector as full training is provided.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Supporting learning experiences at home and the wider community using a variety of communication techniques
- Developing personal and practical skills to enhance independent living
- Encouraging participation in daily activities, domestic duties and full personal care
- Using a variety of moving and handling techniques
- Reporting and recording key aspects of care
Key Skills Required
- Hold or be willing to work towards Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Adults)
- Positive and enthusiastic, able to manage challenging behaviour
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to record information accurately
- Flexibility to work shifts including weekends
- Hold a full, UK driving licence and able to use own vehicle for work purposes
Please apply online now or call 0330 998 0441 for further information.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Please note if your application is successful all interviews will take place via video call at this time. Please ensure you are able to access either Skype or MS Teams.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.