Maths / Science Teacher
Location: Manor House School, Horsham, West Sussex.
Salary: Up to £36,961 dependent on experience
Hours: Full Time, Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, Term Time only
Manor House School is an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ registered care and education campus which is set in picturesque countryside of West Sussex. Manor House School is a DfE registered independent school which offers education to boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health needs between the ages of 7 – 18 yrs. Manor House School seeks to maintain stability and therapeutic placements so that the students build relationships, enhance their feelings of self-worth and develop a desire to learn. We are within a commutable distance of Horsham, Crawley, Guildford, Leatherhead, Worthing and other surrounding towns and villages.
Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties:
As the Maths / Science Teacher, your role will involve providing teaching support within the framework of the National Curriculum, GCSE’s and Functional Skills Programme. You will be part of a strong dedicated team committed to providing our students with the very best outcomes; planning and promoting teaching and learning outside of normal classroom settings to children with autism. This role will be challenging but rewarding, working in a dynamic environment where you can make a real difference. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, committed and flexible, who can easily engage with students that may be reluctant to engage in lessons due to previous life experiences.
Key Skills Required:
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status
- Have a background of teaching Maths / Science, delivering teaching at a good or outstanding level
- Knowledge of current education issues in relation to terms of practise, process and curriculum
- Be experienced working within an educational setting, supporting with autism and challenging behaviour
- Effective communication skills with the ability to build ongoing positive relationships with the students
In brief this role will involve:
- Effectively managing and teaching a group of students in line with the school mission statement
- Planning lessons for a wide range of ability, creating a calm environment which is stimulating and purposeful
- Organising a learning environment which enables students to take ownership of their learning
- Setting clear learning objectives for each lesson, monitoring student progress and performance
- Effectively communicating with teaching and residential staff, parents and external multi-agencies
Key Skills Required:
- Hold a relevant Teaching Diploma, QCF in PTLLS, The Award in Education and Training or equivalent
- A sound understanding of the complexity of special education needs (SEN)
- Experience of working and teaching children and young people with emotional and behaviour difficulties who may have challenging behaviour preferred
- A caring, positive and sensitive attitude towards pupils which values all individuals
- Full UK Driving Licence
Please note if your application is successful all interviews will take place via video call at this time. Please ensure you are able to access either Skype or MS Teams.
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date