Learning Support Assistant
Location: Crookhey Hall School, Cockerham, Lancaster
Salary: Up to £15,500 dependent on experience
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week, Monday to Friday
Contract: Permanent, Term Time only
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We’re looking for a Learning support assistant to join our team at Crookhey Hall School based in Cockerham, Nr Lancaster. Someone who is motivated by helping others, patient and resilient would be perfect for this role.
About the School
Crookhey Hall School is a Social. Emotional & Mental Health (SEBD) School which caters for boys and girls aged 10 - 17 years of age. We provide young people with an educational experience that will not only extend their academic and vocational social skills and abilities, but will also promote personal growth and help to build self-esteem. In this way it is hoped that each individual will aspire to achieve their full potential, eventually leaving school with the determination to make a positive contribution to society in the years to come.
Crookhey Hall School has a 15 acre setting in countryside south of Cockerham, Nr Lancaster. Due to the location, it would be beneficial for candidates to have a driving licence.
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Education and Care and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Education and Care provide Education and Care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the Role
Do you want a rewarding Career? To make a positive difference to young people and their lives? Are you patient, empathetic, resilient and supportive? If you have answered yes - we want you!
Crookhey Hall has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) to join the supportive team.
We want each young person at Crookhey Hall to achieve their own ambitions and to live fulfilling and productive lives. We want you to encourage each individual to achieve their potential and dream big, despite of any challenges you or they may face. This can be achieved by assisting and supporting the class teachers with the agreed learning plans, whilst also being responsible for safeguarding the young people. This will include making sure they are healthy, safe and as comfortable as possible and assisting with the physical, emotional and personal care needs for each individual.
Who are we looking for?
Crookhey Hall wants a responsible, friendly and thoughtful individual who has a passion for caring for and ultimately, making a difference to young lives. You will ideally understand some of the challenges that you could be faced with as it will be a challenging yet rewarding role.
We need someone who can work well within a team, has great communication skills, can manage their workload and be prepared for the varying difficulties the role may present. You also must have a Grade C or above GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths and have some experience in an Education Setting or with Special educational needs children.
- To support the Class Teachers in delivering agreed learning activities to ensure each individual child meets their discrete learning needs.
- To ensure high standards of personal hygiene for each student and support them with personal care needs
- To promote structure and boundaries; ensuring a pleasant, clean and safe environment for the students in your care
- To carry out all duties, as directed by the class teachers to maximise learning opportunities for all children and young people
- To support the development of communication skills by implementing communication goals
- To assist with target setting, record keeping and assessment in classes
- To undertake relevant training programmes as and when required by the School
- Undertake an additional role in Hair and Beauty as directed by the Assistant Head for Curriculum
Please see the Job description for further responsibilities.
- Driving Licence.
- You must have a Grade C or above in your Maths and English GCSE’s or equivalent
- You must have some experience within an Educational setting or with Special Educational Needs.
- Ability to work within a team and have a flexible approach to working
- Experience with Autistic children
Why work for us?
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference.
- Be part of a supportive and dedicated team.
- Continuous professional development and training.
- Internal Promotion.
- Staff meals
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – The ability to speak to a councillor for support regarding your mental health.
- Employee Rewards Hub – An app which offers high-street discounts, hints and tips.
Acorn Education and Care are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.
We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.