Job title: Qualified Care Worker
Location: Llangollen, Denbighshire
Hours: 48 hours per week
Salary: £22,546 - £24,888 per annum
We are recruiting for a compassionate, hardworking and resilient Qualified Care Practitoner to join the friendly and welcoming team at Ael y Bryn to deliver a high quality of therapeutic care and support to the young person in our care.
You will contribute to individual Care Plans and provide a balanced programme of personal development focusing on social skills, independence and community involvement enabling the young people to achieve their full potential.
Ael y Bryn is a solo home out in the community with a small team of friendly carers who are looking forward to welcoming the next person to join our team. Ael y Bryn is a learning environment and you have an excellent chance of progression in your career if you join us here.
You will be contracted to a shift pattern based on 2 on 4 off, amounting to 37.5 hours per week. This includes sleep-ins. So typically you might arrive on Monday morning at 8am, and leave on Wednesday morning at 8.30am, having completed a two day shift. Unless there is a team meeting, training or your supervision meeting, you will then have a whole four days off to spend with family and friends.
Based on the above you will be working 154 hours per month plus your sleep-ins) equating to 120 shifts per year. However, flexibility is essential because we all cover each other's annual leave etc.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Able to build strong bonds of trust with young people who have experienced early adverse experiences.
- Committed to providing an excellent level of care for our young people
- Open to developing your thinking and practice through our therapeutic parenting model
- Able to work as part of a team who care about and support each other.
- Enthusiastic in your approach to challenges
- Confident in difficult situations
- A strong communicator with great interpersonal skills
- Hold a full driving licence and your own vehicle
- Flexible in providing consistent support to the young person in our care
- Seeking career and personal development
- Are you ready to transform the life of a young person or child in crisis? Begin your personal journey today with Bryn Melyn Care.
At Bryn Melyn Care we are determined to allow our employees the opportunity to develop and progress within our organisation. We have structured development pathways available and we actively encourage all staff to achieve their full potential. We have a professional, friendly and supportive culture company wide. We work together with excellence, integrity and respect to continuously facilitate better futures for the children and young people that call BMC home.
We strive for every employee here at Bryn Melyn Care to have nothing but pride when working with us and when supporting our Children and Young People.
Are you seeking that work life balance?
Are you longing for a vocation not just to a “job”?
- Entry Level salary of £22.546 - 24.888
- Competitive overtime rates
- Generous annual leave scheme with enhancements for service
- Personal Pension
- Life Assurance (after 12 months service)
- In-house L&D team offering robust and continuous training
- 24 hour Employee Assistance Programme
Bryn Melyn Care (BMC) is a leading provider of therapeutic, residential care, independent education and integrated clinical services for children and young people with multiple and complex needs. We deliver a portfolio of specialist services for young people ages 8 – 18+, from crisis and assessment placement, through to long-term placement and preparation for independent living.
At Bryn Melyn Care we are continuously developing services in care and education for children and young people with a range of emotional and behavioural needs (EBD). We have 27 residential homes across Shropshire, North Wales and Powys. Our homes consist of solo bedded homes, multi bedded homes; for up to 2-4 children or young people. We have our own independent Ofsted approved school for our children and young people allowing us to cater to their individual specialist educational needs (SEN).
THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS:
All applicants are required to complete an application form prior to attending an interview, as part of our commitment to Safer Recruitment. In addition, successful applicants will be required to hold an enhanced plus barred DBS check (which we will pay for). Full employment references are also required and comprehensive background checks completed.
Please note having a positive DBS disclosure result may not automatically bar you from working with our organisation, however, a full risk assessment will be conducted prior to making a decision on the suitability to work with our young people.
Bryn Melyn Care is proud to be an equal opportunities employer & we look forward to welcoming you on board!
Qualifications Required: Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care Children and Young People or equivalent.