Job Title: Computer Science Teacher
Location: Oak Tree School, Truro
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
Hours: 40 hours Per Week; Monday - Friday
Contract: Permanent - Term Time only
Are you a Computer SCience Teacher committed to improving the lives of children and young people?
We are looking for an experienced Computer Science Teacher to join our fantastic team at Oak Tree School. As a Computer Science Teacher, you will take a creative approach to teaching pupils according to their educational needs, maximising children’s achievement, and ability to develop.
Purpose of the Job:
- Drive the teaching and learning of Computer Science across the school.
- To further enhance and develop the curriculum to meet the needs of all students giving them the most relevant skills and knowledge to succeed.
- Take a lead on whole school e-safety working alongside the DSL to ensure appropriate curriculum coverage
- To secure high quality teaching, effective use of resources and improve standards of learningand achievement for all pupils in consultation with the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team
- To teach a range of subjects as necessary to ensure the effective delivery of the school’s curriculum
- In consultation with the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team undertake other identified areas of responsibility as necessary to ensure effective delivery of the school’s curriculum
Oak Tree School is a specialist provision positioned near the city of Truro in Cornwall. The school provides full-time specialist co-education for up to 65 children and young people aged 7 to 16 who experience social, emotional, mental health, communication difficulties and associated challenging behaviours. These children and young people often cannot cope, function or achieve within a mainstream environment. The aim is to provide a structured, nurturing approach, with pupils accessing a broad, balanced and engaging curriculum to meet their significant needs
Why join us?
We offer a friendly and inclusive working environment and the chance to be part of a fantastic multidisciplinary team, who work hard and support each other to deliver personalised, bespoke education & care. Our benefits package includes free parking, shopping discounts and cashback via our ‘Rewards Hub’, and access to content on mindfulness, fitness, recipes and much more as part of our ‘Your Wellbeing Matters’ programme.
As well as opportunities for internal promotion, you will have access to high-quality Continuing Professional Development to help pursue your own personal goals. We also offer accredited training programmes including Diplomas and NVQs, supplemented by ongoing learning opportunities.
Ultimately, all of our roles give you the opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference.
Acorn Education and Care is part of Outcomes First Group. We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully Enhanced DBS.