Everyone deserves an incredible future!
Join the Acorn Education and Care family and build your incredible future whilst helping our vulnerable Children create theirs.
Whether you have previous care experience or are looking to start a new career and have a background in hospitality, the armed forces, outdoor education or other sectors, we have opportunities for everyone.
‘I never had job satisfaction until I worked here’ – Current employee
Salary: £22,000.00 per annum
Hours: 40 per week (combination shifts between 8 am-6 pm including weekdays and weekends)
Essential: The Right to Work in the UK
Our home is within commutable distance from Ludlow and surrounds
We are recruiting a committed Cook to join our o join our fantastic team at Overton School in Overton. This is a great opportunity to work as part of a team committed to helping young people with varied and complex and learning disability needs.
As a cook, you will help provide high quality food and hospitality for our young people. Working to the highest on standards, ensuring dietary requirements of all the young people are met. You will
- Work alongside and /or on own to help prepare food and meals
- General kitchen housekeeping, ensuring the kitchen meets high standard of hygiene and cleanliness in line with the Health and Safety and Company guidelines to ensure safe working practice within the Residential school.
- Serving food/drinks/snacks to the young people at meal times
- Cleaning after service (Dishwasher duties, clearing down tables, preparation benches)
To be successful with this role you should maintain the attitude, behaviour, skills and values below:
- Have a Positive Attitude
- Be passionate about ensuring young people have a healthy balanced diet
- Good communication skills
- Dedicated to delivering a high standard
- Be self-motivated
- Be able to work on own initiative alone as well as within a team
- Flexible and reliable
Why join Acorn Education and Care?
- We're a values driven organisation that puts people first
- We provide continuous professional development to take your career further
- Our accredited training programmes include diplomas and NVQs
- Our innovative Careers Pathway programme lets you plan your own incredible future
- We create strong communities around our schools, and you’ll be part of an amazing team
- We build our bonds through a great social events calendar
- Our Your Wellbeing Matters initiative provides total support
- Our Employees Rewards Hub offers great rewards such as discount vouchers and money off gym memberships
- A minimum equivalent of 5.6 weeks annual leave per year
- Earn £1000 as an employee by referring a friend
We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.
Cook/ Catering/ Kitchen/ Children development /Working with children/ LD