Job Description: Domestic Assistant
Location: Syon Manor College
Salary: £7,000 per annum
Hours: 12.5 hours per week
Can you enrich the lives of young people as a Domestic Assistant?
We are looking for responsible, caring Domestic Assistants to join our fantastic team at Syon Manor, Isleworth. As a Domestic Assistant you will help support our children and young people in their daily lives, ensuring our facilities are well prepared to keep them, comfortable and healthy.
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a team committed to helping children with varied and complex needs. Our Domestic Assistants carry out an essential role to maintain the standards of cleanliness required by the children and young people in our care. You will take pride in ensuring domestic duties including vacuuming, mopping, rubbish removal, dusting and cleaning are carried out to the highest standards.
When it comes to looking after our children, we never settle for second best. We are looking for a Domestic Assistants who share our vision to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK, to be happy and to make their way in the world.
Previous experience in a similar setting would be great but isn’t essential as full training will be given, and the right motivation, personal qualities and levels of resilience are just as important. These roles are ideal for people working in customer facing industries including retail, hospitality, and leisure, looking for a new role that makes a real difference to children’s lives and futures.
You will be quality focused, efficient, able to work at pace, and motivated to help us provide a safe, caring environment where every child can thrive.
- To promote the good reputation of the Centre by cleaning all areas to the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- To ensure all equipment and chemicals are used and handled correctly at all times, in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions, COSHH regulations and health and Safety legislation. Use all supplies correctly and to minimise waste
- To carry out all daily and weekly routines together with any special cleaning duties as directed and necessary
- To support other members of the domestic team to look complete work that requires extra members of staff to complete the task
- To assist in the operation of the laundry where necessary
- To report all compliments, comments and complaints
- To report any defects, damage, theft, breakages or hazards
- To carry out all duties in a safe manner having regard for the health, safety and welfare of self, staff, Service Users and other persons on site
- Report issues and/or incidents to the appropriate person/s
- Participate in team meetings, supervisions and annual reviews in accordance with company policy and the standards set by the regulatory body
Syon Manor College is due to open in early 2022. The college will specialise in providing both care and education for children and young adults with a variety of complex needs including Autism and Neurodevelopmental Diversities.
For over 16 years Options Autism have provided care and education to children, young people and adults with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. As part of Outcomes First Group we are leading our sector in setting and delivering new approaches that provide measurable outcomes for those in our care.
Why join us?
We offer a friendly and inclusive working environment and the chance to be part of a fantastic multidisciplinary team, who work hard and support each other to deliver personalised, bespoke education & care. Our benefits package includes free parking, shopping discounts and cashback via our ‘Rewards Hub’, and access to content on mindfulness, fitness, recipes and much more as part of our ‘Your Wellbeing Matters’ programme.
As well as opportunities for internal promotion, you will have access to high-quality Continuing Professional Development to help pursue your own personal goals. We also offer accredited training programmes including Diplomas and NVQs, supplemented by ongoing learning opportunities.
Ultimately, all our roles give you the opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference.
Options Autism is part of Outcomes First Group. We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.