Job Title: Primary Teacher
Salary: Up to £35,000 per annum
Location: New Barn School, Newbury, Berkshire
Contract: Permanent Term Time Only
Hours: 40 hours per week
About the School
New Barn School is a DfE registered independent school for boys and girls with SEMH and complex needs aged 6 to 16 years old.
New Barn School takes full advantage of its beautiful settings and fosters a love for using the outdoor curriculum including forest school, farm experiences and horse riding. The School is within a commutable distance of Swindon, Oxford, Andover, Basingstoke and Reading and other surrounding towns and villages.
Our services offer a stable, secure and supportive environment, in which the children and young people we care for can develop the skills and confidence necessary to help them fulfil their potential.
Job Summary and Duties
Working as a Primary Teacher for New Barn School, you will deliver fun educational based learning which is tailored to each of our pupils to ensure they will achieve positive results.
The role will be challenging but rewarding, working in a dynamic environment where you can make a real difference. You will be expected to lead the teaching of and co-ordinate flexible, person-centred programmes of study for individuals and groups of children. You will be able to demonstrate a practical, hands-on approach to teaching and be prepared to go above and beyond for the young people we support.
Duties will include:
- Teaching a varied range of subjects
- Preparing, planning and assessing teaching sessions whilst maintaining an awareness of curriculum developments
- Writing and implement individual education plans, making assessments of educational attainment, setting challenging yet achievable targets
- Build relationships with all young people, which will encourage their interest and participation in their education
- Creating an environment which is stimulating and purposeful for all pupils to promote teaching and learning outside the formal classroom settings
Key Skills Required:
- Hold Qualified Teacher Status
- Have a background of teaching a range of subjects at Primary Level, delivering teaching at a good or outstanding level
- Knowledge of current education issues in relation to terms of practise, process and curriculum
- Be experienced in or have an interest working within an SEN setting, supporting Children and young people with challenging behaviour (SEMH/EBD)
Applications are invited online though the Acorn Education and Care website www.acorncare.co.uk. Acorn Education and Care are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS.
We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.